Letter from the Editor:
Another month has gone by here at The Cosmic Circus and I’m pleased to say it was a mostly good one full of improvements. A few great exclusives provided significantly more views than our launch month, July. We’ve also continued to gain Twitter and Patreon followers and supporters. That being said, we still have a very long way for us to go as far as my goals for the site. But we will try to be patient and keep plugging away at it. And hopefully you will keep coming back here to read our stuff!
It was particularly good month for me in the sense that several of my previous exclusives were confirmed through various means.
- Arian Moayed from HBO’s Succession was briefly spotted in the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer, just as I had reported at Murphy’s Multiverse he would be in the film on 2/15/2021 .
- My Shazam: Fury of the Gods exclusive I posted at Murphy’s Multiverse on June 3, 2021 about Rachel Zegler’s character having a romantic flirtation with Freddy (Jack Dylan Grazer) was confirmed through some paparazzi pictures showing the two having a rooftop smooch while filming. My exclusive’s mention of her character wearing golden armor was also confirmed through set photos at the same time. This was on the heels of my exclusive reporting Djimon Hounsou appearing in Shazam: Fury of the Gods, (posted at MM 5/17/21) being proven in July also via paparazzi pictures.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever began filming and I was able to share a few exclusives related to that, several of which have since been proven. This includes the Black Panther sequel filming at MIT (posted July 8, 2021), and Okoye and Shuri scenes being filmed in Massachusetts at MIT (posted on August 21, 2021). The latter was proven by paparazzi photos just a few days after I posted that.
- I was also very blessed to receive a few pictures and a scene description from a witness at the MIT campus as they filmed Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The scene description was also validated via more paparazzi pictures posted on Lainey Gossip which showed Riri (Dominique Thorne) in a grey shirt talking to a boy in a dark red shirt in one scene.
- And while I don’t consider this one an exclusive per se, it was pretty cool that the day after I posted the tweets below, Comicbook.com’s Brandon Davis posted a quote from Kevin Feige himself, confirming that yes, Riri Williams is in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Officially throwing my hat in the ring to back up the rumor that yes, Riri Williams aka #Ironheart will be in #BlackPanther Wakanda Forever.— Lizzie (@MsLizzieHill) August 18, 2021
This is something I've been hearing from reliable sources, more than 1, for more than a month now but only just got permission to share.
Oh and you know what? I should add… this is NOT just a little cameo introduction. In fact, I would say, from what I've heard, expect Riri to have as big a part as America or Kamala have in the films they're in. #Ironheart #RiriWilliams #DominiqueThorne #BlackPanther https://t.co/qxwxeJAazv— Lizzie (@MsLizzieHill) August 19, 2021
Credibility is greatly valued by me, so I do love to see my stuff proven like this. That way you all can understand that I am credible, and I do my best to provide correct information, always. I may not always succeed, but I will always try.
This month also brought deep sadness as August 28 marked one year since the tragic passing of Chadwick Boseman. Hearing his voice sounding so vibrant and alive again in the form of T’Challa’s What if…? episode brought a mix of emotions to most. It’s easy to see, even through his voice alone, how he loved the character and loved performing him. However, the thought that this is his last performance, as a man who helped bring peace to the universe, seems both fitting and all the more heartbreaking he is no longer with us.
Best wishes and good health to you all,
Ms. Lizzie Hill (@MsLizzieHillon Twitter)
August Star of the month: Brian Kitson
Brian Kitson is our August star of the month and winner of the Cosmic Circus’ monthly writers contest. Brian wrote 20 qualifying articles for the site last month which included part 3 of his Macro Marvel series (this one focusing on Marvel’s Cosmic Crusaders).
In addition, Brian wrote about what a potential Midnight Sons team could look like in the MCU, and speculation on whether certain Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. members might join as well. He also provided a very thoughtful collective look at some spectacular posters for Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings.
You should also check out two reviews Brian wrote this month. One focusing on the season premiere of DC’s growingly popular series Stargirl . The other covering the finale of the first season of Superman and Lois on the CW, and pondering what comes next for that series.
Keep an eye out for more reviews and intelligent insight from Brian here at The Cosmic Circus!
Notable News and Exclusives