From July 3 to July 10, here are some of the biggest news stories of the past week:
- Star Wars: Visions received a trailer (below), a BTS piece with more footage and descriptions for each episode. All 10 episodes of the anime anthology series will release September 22 on Disney+.
- Zack Snyder‘s Rebel Moon movie was announced for Netflix. With an exciting premise best described as “Seven Samurai in space,” the film is aiming to launch a new franchise.
- Richard Donner passed away at age 91. The director was known for beloved films including Superman: The Movie, The Goonies, and Lethal Weapon.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director’s Edition was announced for Paramount+. The restoration will include 4K UHD with Dolby Vision HDR and a new Dolby Atmos soundtrack and is expected to be ready in 6-8 months.
- The Witcher franchise announced a slew of news at Witchercon. The Witcher: Blood Origin added Michelle Yeoh to its cast. The six-episode prequel series will release on Netflix in 2022. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf was dated for August 23 on Netflix with a quick teaser. The 81-minute anime film will tell the origin story of Geralt’s mentor Vesemir. The Witcher season 2 got a first trailer and 9 of 10 episode titles were revealed. The second season of the flagship series led by Henry Cavill will release December 17 on Netflix.
- Space Jam: A New Legacy released a new clip set in the world of Superman: The Animated Series. Starring LeBron James, Don Cheadle, and Zendaya produced by Ryan Coogler, and featuring a plethora of Warner Bros characters; the highly-anticipated sequel will release on July 16 in theaters and on HBO Max.
- The King’s Man had a new “special look” trailer. The prequel film is led by Ralph Fiennes, is directed once again by Matthew Vaughn, and will be released in theaters on December 22, 2021.
- The Train to Busan director’s new film JUNG-E was announced for Netflix. The film is set in a climate-ravaged apocalyptic future where survival depends on the brain cloning technology of a robot mercenary named Jung-E.
- Blade Runner: Black Lotusrevealed its cast, including Jessica Henwick, Will Yun Lee, and Samira Wiley. The 13-episode anime series is set in 2032 (between Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049) and is expected to release later this year on Adult Swim/Toonami and Crunchyroll.
- Marvel’s What If…? dropped a new trailer, a new poster , and finally got a release date of August 11 on Disney+. Be sure to check out our INSANE “What If…?” theories!
What are you most excited about? Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!