There are so many things to be excited for, now that She-Hulk: Attorney at Law has been smashing its way onto Disney+ with new episodes on Thursdays. Not only has it been fantastic to see the jolly green lawyer, played excellently by Tatiana Maslany, but it feels like She-Hulk: Attorney at Law is paving a new direction within the MCU. Up until this point, the MCU has told global and cosmic stories, stories that feel larger than life.
However, with the introduction of She-Hulk, there’s a new focus on the street-level heroes and the grittier world they inhabit. But perhaps the most exciting aspect of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law is the return of one of my favorite street-level heroes, Daredevil (Charlie Cox) in his new and improved suit. So in honor of Matt Murdock’s return to crime fighting inside and outside the courtroom, we’re excited to bring you the newest Cosmic Cuisine: Devilish Pineapple-Orange ‘Dare’-quiri!
You only need a few ingredients and a couple of minutes to mix up these Devilish Pineapple-Orange ‘Dare’-quiris but the taste is unbelievable. It’s a perfect blend of tang and tart from the pineapple and orange and sugary sweetness from the cherries. The flavors work together really well, just like She-Hulk and Daredevil. Enjoy some of these frozen concoctions while watching Daredevil and She-Hulk kick butt together on She-Hulk: Attorney at Law on Disney+.
- 2 Cups Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Orange Juice (Sunny D preferred)
- Maraschino Cherries ( fruit and syrup required)
- 4 oz Coconut Rum (optional)
- Fresh Pineapple (for garnish)
- Paper Umbrellas (optional)
- Add frozen pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and orange juice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, which could take up to ten minutes depending on the speed and age of your blender
- If adding alcohol to your 'dare'-quiri, add the coconut rum in and continue to blend until fully incorporated into the pineapple-orange drink
- Pour frozen pineapple-orange mixture into your glass of choice
- Put cherries on top and pour cherry syrup from the jary over top
- Chop fresh pineapple into garnish-sized pieces
- Garnish the glass with a fresh pineapple chunk and umbrella (if you have them) and enjoy your devilish Pineapple-Orange 'Dare'-quiri!
- For those who wish to enjoy the Daredevil one-two punch but don't care for rum, you can easily substitute your favorite kind of liquor! Just watch out for those Hulk-sized hangovers.
- If drink is too thin add a little more frozen pineapple. if it is too thick, add more orange juice, slowly.
- If you want a more layered look, you can stop halfway through pouring the Devilish Pineapple-Orange 'Dare'-quiri and add a layer of cherries and cherry syrup.
- Any other frozen tropical fruit could easily be added to this fantastic drink to put your own spin on it! I dare you...
- If you add liquor, please drink responsibility. Thank you in advance!
Blend something fantastic up Devilish Pineapple-Orange ‘Dare’-quiri
These taste great even without alcohol and are perfect for kids. The best part is that with so much fruit in them you don’t have to feel bad about giving it to them! My family and I make this drink frequently, and the whole family enjoys the cool frothy drink on a summer’s evening! Of course, if you really want that extra kick, feel free to add your favorite spirits, just drink responsibly. In the recipe we suggested rum, however, you can add whatever you want to the drink to get that Matt Murdock one-two punch!
When using a blender, especially with frozen foods, it’s important to make sure everything gets fully blended. That means keep blending until a strong whirlpool forms and is maintained for a couple of minutes. If your drink isn’t getting much movement turn off the blender and use a long spoon to stir and move the mixture all the way at the bottom. This should get things moving better. Make sure to use a high setting (ice crusher is perfect if you have that) to fully blend the frozen pineapple.
Make this Daredevil daiquiri recipe yours
When it comes time to add the cherries make sure to get a nice shot of the syrup in each glass. It really makes the drink. But you can be more personalized about the number of actual cherries in each glass. I didn’t want any in mine but my brother had literally half a jar in his glass. It’s all about doing what you like at that point. Depending on the look you are going for, you could layer the pineapple-orange drink with bright red cherries and the syrup from the jar.
The effect we’re going for is an homage to Daredevil’s new suit in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, which is an homage to Jack Murdock’s robe from his time in the ring. The bright red cherry syrup also looks a little like dripping blood if placed on top, which seems right for the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen.
Now let’s talk embellishments. In the recipe, we suggest paper umbrellas. Those are relatively cheap and easy to find, and they add a great sense of fun to the drink. You’ll notice in our pictures that we used a pineapple leaf straw. That’s because despite being at the grocery store two hours before making these, we forgot the umbrellas. But we had leaf straws sitting around and we went with it. I feel like that is a very important thing to do when making food, just enjoy yourself and go with the flow. Never be afraid to improvise! So let’s get ready to rumble, as Daredevil makes his latest appearance in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law!