It’s been almost a month since Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania released, and we’re still discussing it. Phase 5 started with a movie that has garnered a lot of opinions and, in our case, a lot of questions. Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) ant-marched into our hearts and definitely had us looking out for the little guy. The Cosmic community had so many Quantumania questions from our last podcast that we didn’t have enough time to answer them all, so thought we’d do a special edition of the show and dive into all that and more.
In this episode, host Ayla Ruby, along with fellow podcasters Brian Kitson, and Anthony Flagg delve into everything from Jonathan Majors’ Kang to our thoughts on Cassie Lang’s future. And although he couldn’t be on the podcast in person, cosmic writer Alex Perez answered some of those curious inquiries in writing. (You can listen to our previous Ant-Man podcast with Alex by clicking here.)
You can listen to the podcast below, directly on Spotify, or via most sites hosting podcasts. For email updates to The Cosmic Circle and Cosmic Cafe podcasts subscribe here!
[Warning: Spoilers from Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania are below and within the podcast!]
What are your thoughts on our Quantumania questions and answers? Let us know on social media. And if you enjoy this podcast, please consider sharing it with friends and supporting it via The Cosmic Circus Patreon, following us on Twitter @cosmicpodcasts, or joining our Discord.
Ep. 23: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Q&A
- 00:20 – Intros
- 01:10 – Will we ever see Hope and Scott married with kids?
- 03:25 – Will Cassie and Peter Parker ever meet and become friends?
- 05:35 – Comments on audience response to MODOK
- 07:50 – If Janet had those discs then why didn’t she escape before?
- 11:25 – Was Kang planned for way back when Ant-Man and the Wasp came out?
- 12:40 – What are they planning ahead now?
- 13: 30 – Alternate ways to defeat Kang and what is Kang without his suit?
- 16:00 – Why does Scott act sort of immaturely? Why doesn’t he tell people about his worries?
- 19:00 – What did you think of Cassie Lang in this film?
- 24:44 – Questions for Alex Perez
- 25:15 – When will we see Kang next in the MCU?
- 28:50 – Should Peyton Reed return for Ant-Man 4 or Secret Wars?
- 32:01 – What was your favorite part of Quantumania?
- 33:20 – What is the future of the Quantum Realm in the MCU? Was this a one off?
- 36:10 – Will Kang always be the main antagonist when he shows up?
- 39:14 – Will Scott and Hope mentor the Young Avengers in Ant-Man 4?
- 41:09 – How many Kangs will we see as main characters? Will there be new MCU Kang variants?
- 42:40 – What is the plan for Janet and Hope going forward? (this was briefly talked about by Alex in our previous Quantumania episode)
- 44:17 – Outros
Recommended articles about subjects from this episode
Ant-Man & The Wasp Reading Guide
Review: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is Visually Epic
Review: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Spoiler Warning)
Theory: The Next Avengers, Kang Dynasty, and the Multiverse Saga
Cosmic Cuisine: Giant- Man’s Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cosmic Cuisine: Ant-Man’s Atomic-sized Mini Apple Pies
Podcast credits and show notes
- Anthony Flagg
- Ayla Ruby
- Brian Kitson
- Lizzie Hill
Recorded on 03/05/23
Superhero theme by HumanoideVFX on Pixabay.
Cosmic Circle Ep 21: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania